Residents of Al Fahid Island will have a wide range of entertainment amenities to choose from that cater to every taste. Within a 5-minute drive residents and visitors of the area can get to Yas Bay Waterfront
, where 37 restaurants and bars including the Japanese restaurant Daikan Ramen, and Mexican restaurant La Carnita are located. The biggest shopping center in Abu Dhabi named Yas Mall can be reached in a 10-minute drive from the Al Fahid community. The area of the mall is 2.5 million sq.ft and houses more than 370 retail shops, 68 F&B outlets, a family-entertainment venue, a 24 screen VOX Cinemas and underground parking for 10,000 cars can be found here. Yas Mall offers popular lifestyle brands as well as premium brands and also has entertainment activities such as:
- Adventure HQ – an activity area with rope bridges, a climbing wall, bungee and a system of artificial caves.
- Dream Aero – an authentic Boeing 737 NG simulator.
- Fun Works – a playground with educational workshops, slot machines and a ball pool.
- Softair BattleZone – a shooting range for team fights with AirSoft weapons.
Yas Mall has a direct connection with Ferrari World theme park, which allows visitors to visit the two attractions at the same time.
Ferrari World is a 2.1million sq.ft theme park dedicated to cars of the same brand. Here guests can visit the exhibition center named Galleria Ferrari with unique Ferrari models, 20 attractions, the Junior Grand Prix racing school, restaurants and retail spaces with branded products, a 4D cinema and several children’s playgrounds. Among the most popular park attractions are:
- Formula Rossa – the fastest roller coaster in the world where visitors can experience the ride at 240 km/h.
- Flying Aces – a roller coaster with the highest loop in the world at 63 m.
- Turbo Track – a mix of a roller coaster and free-fall rides by the Swiss company Intamin.
- Scuderia Challenge – a Formula 1 racing simulator.
Another popular tourist attraction close to Al Fahid is the Mangrove National Park, located a 20-minute drive from the island. This reserve was created on an area of 205,000 sq.ft full of mangrove trees. About 75% of the Emirati total mangrove forests can be found here. Apart from the unique flora, 60 bird species, turtles, marine mammals, several crab species, shellfish and fish can be found here. Mangrove National Park is protected by the Environment Agency Abu Dhabi.
As the developer considers, Al Fahid should become a well-developed resort island with a wide range of marine activities. For now, the coastline of the island hasn’t been landscaped yet. Only a public beach, located right near the Iron Bridge, is open to visitors. Those who value resorts might be interested in visiting the well-maintained beaches such as Yas Beach, Saadiyat Beach and Al Bahia Open Beach, which can all be reached in a 10-15 minute drive of Al Fahid.