Khalifa Bin Zayed The First Street
About the Area
Khalifa Street is very close to one of the most important roads in the city called Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Street, which passes through a big part of the emirate and leads to Abu Dhabi International Airport. The major highway of Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Street that connects the mainland with Al Saadiyat Island, Al Jubail Island and Yas Island is also nearby.
In terms of public transport, there are several bus stops in the Khalifa Street area, from which you can easily get to any corner of Abu Dhabi:
- Bus 40 departs from Al Maryah Island and passes through Khalifa Street, Al Khaleej Al Arabi Street until Al Muntazah South.
- Bus 63 runs from Al Reem Mall located on Al Reem Island via Delma Street, Khalifa Street, Corniche Street to Marina Mall on Al Marina Island.
Khalifa Street community has a well-developed infrastructure where residents and visitors can find medical clinics such as:
- Quality Care Medical Center L.L.C. and Mediclinic AlNoor Hospital which both have a wide range of medical services.
- Asmat Dental Medical Center and 7D MEDICAL CENTER LLC, providing dental care.
- Amwaj Medical Center is where one can find specialists in cardiology, gastroenterology, oncology, etc.
Among the nearest educational institutions to Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Street are, Syscoms Information Technology Institute which provides courses in programming languages, graphic design and business administration. The Barefoot Creative Play & Dance Studio has playgrounds, dancing and drawing courses with various master classes is also located here. Parents can send their children to seasonal camps or organize events within the studio. Just around the corner is the Ritmos Dance Community and Melody Music Institute is where one can attend classes in vocals, guitar, piano, violin and drum playing, which are all ideal leisure options for both adults and children.
Khalifa Street houses grocery stores including LuLu Hypermarket - The Mall - WTC, Al Madina Freshmart, Budget Lane Hypermarket and BIGMART HYPERMARKET BRANCH 4. Several large shopping centers including World Trade Center Mall, Fotouh Al Khair Mall and Old Souk can also be found here.
The community is surrounded by parks along the embankment. Family Park, Formal Park, The Lake Park and Capital Park all offer playgrounds, BBQ areas and various cafes to visitors.
Furthermore, there is a wide range of restaurants, cafes and hotels in the area as well. Abu Dhabi Beach and Corniche Beach can be reached in several minutes by car.
Our Expert Will Help You
Property in Khalifa Street
Interested property buyers can choose from 1-4 bedroom apartments or for commercial property; offices are the most popular in the Khalifa Street area. However, retail spaces are also present in the area. It’s important to note that Khalifa Street is a fully developed area, which means that buyers and tenants have the opportunity to start renting/leasing or moving into the unit straight after the transaction.
For now, there are no residential properties for sale in Khalifa Street. However, there is a great number of units for rent, with prices varying from AED 40,000 (USD 11,000) to AED 150,000 (USD 41,000) per year.
Among the most popular residential buildings in the area are:
- Lulu Towers, a 27-storey building offering 1-3 bedroom apartments with 3-bedroom units including a maid’s room. Living areas of the units vary from 925 sq.ft to 2,421 sq.ft. The complex offers a swimming pool, gymnasium, covered parking, central air conditioning and high-speed elevators. LuLu Towers also offers 24/7 concierge services, security and CCTV monitoring.
- Emerald Tower is a 22-storey residential complex with 3-4 bedroom apartments with an area from 2,024 sq.ft to 3,013 sq.ft. Panoramic views of the Arabian Gulf, private balconies, spacious kitchens and dining rooms, as well as maid’s rooms are offered to residents of Emerald Tower. Among the building’s amenities are covered parking, high-speed elevators and an oriental style lobby.
- Garden View Tower is a mix-used 23-storey building with 1-4 bedroom apartments. The living area of the units in Gardens View Tower vary from 1,000 sq.ft to 3,100 sq.ft. Among the facilities that are offered to residents are parking on a basement floor, a gym, a large swimming pool, as well as security and concierge service which work 24/7.
As for commercial real estate, potential buyers can purchase one of two available retail stores with an area of 3,230 sq.ft for AED 500,000 (USD 136,100) and AED 580,000 (USD 158,000). An entire building with a price tag of AED 9,000 000 (USD 2,450,000) is another option that is available to investors. If you are interested in renting a commercial unit, small offices are widely available in the area, and will cost from AED 5,000 (USD 1,400) per year for a 204 sq. ft unit. Investors can also choose more spacious options with unit areas starting from 7,750 sq.ft, which will cost AED 486,000 (USD 132,300) per annum.
Khalifa Bin Zayed The First Street is popular both among single professionals and couples wishing to work close to their homes, as well as among families with children. The community boasts a developed infrastructure and good transport connectivity. It also offers a wide range of family attractions, parks and shopping centers, which makes Khalifa Street one of the most profitable options to invest in Abu Dhabi. It’s worth noting that the community is one of the best areas for employees to live in, due to its wide range of offices as in Khalifa Street and nearby.
If you are planning to obtain or rent commercial property in Khalifa Street, this area is an ideal option due to several reasons that include, fully-equipped spaces, off-road capability and good transport connectivity. In this article you will find more information about why foreigners move to Abu Dhabi for permanent residency and to work.
Leisure Activities & Sights
Qasr Al Hosn, the oldest stone building in Abu Dhabi that was built in 1761, is one of the most significant sights of Khalifa Street. The fort has become a museum where visitors can learn more about the history of the emirate, with crafts such as weaving and embroidery, as well as ancient shipbuilding. Qasr Al Hosn hosts a 10-day event that is dedicated to local culture which allows visitors to enjoy traditional dances and live music.
There are four large parks in Khalifa Street, three of them are adjacent to Corniche Street which lets visitors enjoy the views of the Arabian Gulf. Each park is unique and offers various amenities:
- The Lake Park is famous for its large lake, housing swans and ducks. The bridge that goes across the artificial lake gives visitors a great view of the Gulf and the lake also has a 15-meter fountain in the center. The park also has a large children’s playground, walking and jogging tracks, cafes and two large parking areas.
- Formal Park offers a large walking area with a green labyrinth. Moreover, visitors will find a children’s playground, picnic areas, amazing fountains, an outdoor gym and a large parking area.
- Family Park is known for five themed playgrounds designed as pirate ships and rockets. In the center of the Family Park there is a lighthouse. A skate park, basketball courts and BBQ areas which are all at the full disposal of visitors.
Capital Park is located between high-rise buildings on Khalifa Street. The entrance to the park is marked by two golden sculptures made in the form of decorative Arabic coffee pots. In the center of the park is a large lake with a fountain. Capital Park has many green spaces, children’s playgrounds and jogging tracks.