About the Area
Al Maqtaa is located along the northern side of Mussafah, while Mohammed Bin Zayed City is towards the east, and areas such as Al Rawdah and Al Muntazah are within close proximity to Mussafah. The district is made up of three areas named Mussafah Industrial Area, Industrial City Abu Dhabi (ICAD) and Shabiya. Various offices, factories, warehouses and showrooms of local and international companies can be found in the industrial area, while the residential buildings are located near Mohammed Bin Zayed City.
Industrial City Abu Dhabi (ICAD) is divided into five industry zones. ICAD I serves medium manufacturing and engineering industries, ICAD II consists of medium industrial complexes, ICAD III is popular among international industrial companies, while ICAD IV and ICAD V offer high-tech and automotive industries.
From Mussafah residents and business professionals can easily get to any district of Abu Dhabi by private vehicle. Thus, a trip to Abu Dhabi Downtown, Al Reem Island and Yas Island takes about 30 minutes, while Saadiyat Island is a 40-minute drive. Abu Dhabi International Airport can be reached in 20 minutes from the district. A wide range of parking spaces can be found in the neighbourhood, and if using public transport, one can get to the center of the Emirati capital by bus 110 from St 16 / Civil Defence stop.
In terms of residential living, Mussafah is the perfect option for those wishing to live away from the hectic environment of Abu Dhabi Downtown, but still have reasonable access to all key destinations within the city. Potential buyers and investors can find both low and high-rise buildings in this district. Shabiya is the most popular community for rental property in Mussafah, both among locals and foreigners. As it’s not a freehold area, foreigners have no right to obtain a property here.
Families with children might want to learn more about the educational institutions and medical clinics located in the surrounding areas of Mussafah, these include:
- Little Steps Nursery, Maple Bear Nursery MBZ City and Aldana Nursery are some of the closest nurseries that can be reached within a 15-minute drive from any corner of Mussafah.
- Private International English School, Maplewood Canadian International School and Sunrise English Private Schools are within the same distance.
- A wide range of clinics can be found on the territory of Mussafah including NMC Royal Medical Center, Bab Al Madina Medical Center & Pharmacy and LLH Hospital Mussafah.
Our Expert Will Help You
Abu Dhabi attracts foreigners because of the safe and secure environment, warm climate, job opportunities, ease of connection to other emirates and countries, as well as many other reasons. More and more professionals from all over the world are moving to the Emirati capital because of the reasons above.
As mentioned earlier, Mussafah is a 30 minute distance from Abu Dhabi Downtown, so in terms of residential stay, this is the best option for those working in its surroundings, who have a business here, or wish to be far from the hustle and bustle of the Emirati capital. In terms of commerce, Mussafah will attract ones who want to have a warehouse or office close to Mussafah Port.
Due to the fact that Mussafah is not only a residential, but also industrial district, families with children might prefer areas such as Al Khalifa City, Mamsha Al Saadiyat, Al Muroor, Al Karamah and some other areas, where one can find a wider range of educational institutions, medical clinics and entertainment activities.
Leisure Activities & Sights
In Mussafah and its surroundings, one can find a range of entertainment and leisure activities. Among them are:
- Dalma Mall is one of the most well-known in Abu Dhabi, and is located off the E30 road. Here shoppers can find more than 450 international and local brands including Giordano, Levi’s and American Eagle, as well as plenty of F&B options, cinemas and much more.
- Capital Mall, located in Mohammed bin Zayed City, can be reached in several minutes from Mussafah. Apart from retail stores, cafes and restaurants, one can find Action Zone, where both adults and children can relax after a tiring day and have fun on rides, enjoy the Video Gaming Zone, visit the YAMU snack counter, and much more.
- Mazyad Mall is another shopping center in Mohammed bin Zayed City, which is close to Mussafah. Visitors can not only shop, but also practise sports at Gold’s Gym and enjoy delicious food in one of the various restaurants, cafes or fast food options that also include family favourites like McDonald’s, Subway and Baskin Robbins.
- The Souk Qaryat Al Beri, located a 20-minute drive from the area, is adjacent to the Shangri-La Abu Dhabi. Visitors of the Souk Qaryat Al Beri can enjoy Arabian architecture with Venetian features. Both locals and tourists come to The Souk Qaryat Al Beri to buy traditional Arabic clothes, perfumes, jewellery and much more, or enjoy a dinner on the terraces that overlook the waters and the views of the famous Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque.
- Ultimate Sports Academy Al Forsan International Sports Resort where one can practise motorsports, paintball, water sports, equestrian, archery, as well as other sports. The Ultimate Sports Academy can be reached within a 15-minute drive from Mussafah, while Abu Dhabi Golf Club in Golf Gardens can be reached in 20 minutes.