Portofino is part of the DAMAC Lagoons community, located opposite DAMAC Hills along Hessa Street. Residents of DAMAC Lagoons can get to the majority of areas in Dubai in a short period of time from this fairly central location. Travel time to Downtown Dubai, Business Bay and Dubai International Airport will take about 35 minutes, while Dubai Marina can be reached in less than 25 minutes. The capital of the UAE, Abu Dhabi
, can be reached in less than 1.5 hours.
Within the surrounding infrastructure are:
- It takes 10 minutes to get to Blossom DAMAC Hills nursery and 15 minutes to reach Kinder Caster Nursery and Emirates British Nursery.
- Jebel Ali School, located in DAMAC Hills, is in a 10-minute drive, while Fairgreen International School and Safa Community School can be reached in 20 minutes.
- Aster Medical Centre and Mediclinic Parkview Hospital are a 25-minute drive from DAMAC Lagoons.
Residents of Portofino can easily get to a wide range of entertainment destinations within a 20–25 minute drive, including:
- First Avenue Mall, which is built in a European style with Arabian influences, offers 50 retail shops and more than 15 cafes and restaurants.
- City Centre Me’aisem is a mall that offers fashion boutiques, bookstores, dining options and entertainment activities such as CUCKOOS and Magic Planet.
- Mall of the Emirates, one of the best shopping centers in Dubai, houses 630 retail stores and offers more than 100 F&B options, Ski Dubai, VOX Cinemas and much more.
- Dubai Polo & Equestrian Club, Dubai Autodrome and Hamdan Sports Complex.
- Dubai Miracle Garden, the largest natural flower garden in the world.
- Global Village, one of the most popular sights of the emirate with a wide range of dining, shopping and entertainment activities.